(A chapter of United Ostomy Associations of America, UOAA)
The KCOA is a volunteer group, founded in the 1970s, dedicated to providing support to anyone who has or will have an ileostomy, colostomy, urostomy, J Pouch, or other diversion.
- The next KCOA meeting is January 19, 2023; 6:30pm – 8:00pm.
We meet on the 3rd Thursday, every other month.
- All meetings are held in person and virtually over Zoom.
Join us in person at:
8900 State Line Road. Suite 240, Leawood, KS 66206
Note: use south entrance
- Join us virtually over Zoom by clicking here.
Meeting ID: 992 3272 4492. Passcode: 590606,
- Join our Facebook group Kansas City Ostomy Support to connect with others.
- If you have questions, send email to email@example.com or go to Facebook. Members, with years of experience, can usually answer questions new ostomates might have.
Resources & Links
- Education video, especially for new ostomates, with attached questionnaire. Covers the basics needed for ostomy care.
- Ostomy clinic at University Health Truman Medical Center, 2301 Holmes, KC MO, 816-404-4319. All insurances accepted [or even with no insurance].
- Donating your unused supplies
- Financial assistance for supplies
- El Centro accepts ostomy supplies and can help with durable medical equipment. 650 Minnesota Ave. KCK . 913.677.0100. Ask for anyone in Health Navigation.
- The United Ostomy Associations of America is the place for resources, advocacy, and support. UOAA has over 300 Affiliated Support Groups, and can help you get the answers you need as you begin your “new normal” life. Explore its website for information. You’ll find answers about nutrition and intimacy, and useful knowledge about living with an ostomy or continent diversion.
Main Page: ostomy.org Frequently Asked Questions: ostomy.org/Ostomy_FAQ.html
Discussion Board: uoaa.org/forum; “The Phoenix” magazine: phoenixuoaa.org
- J-Pouch Forum
- The Stolen Colon website. *Facebook
- Vegan Ostomy has lots of info beyond vegan!
- Meet An OstoMate. *yourostomycare.com help to find the best resources and products to fit specific ostomy needs.
- Ostomy Care Center 816-753-6446, 102 W 39th St, KC, MO 64111
- Convatec 800-422-8811
- Hollister 888-740-8999 or for general questions 847-680-1000.
hollister.com/worldostomyday has info.
- Nu-Hope 800-899-5017, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coloplast 877-858-2656. email@example.com
- Abilitee Adaptive Wear a wide range of ostomy items including unique pouch covers.