(A chapter of United Ostomy Associations of America, UOAA)
The KCOA is a volunteer group founded in the 1970s, dedicated to providing support to anyone who has or will have an ileostomy, colostomy, urostomy, J Pouch, or other diversion. Please attend our meetings and see what you can learn and share. Bring family members or send them if you are unable to attend. If you have a problem that your physician or ostomy nurse can’t solve, ask us!
* The next KCOA 2019 meeting is on Thursday, Sept 19.
* Location: Turning Point, 8900 State Line Rd, suite 240, Leawood, KS (map).
* Time: 6:30 -7:30 pm. [Parking is south of building; entry is at SE corner.]
* The last 2019 meeting is planned for Nov 21.
* Contact info/questions: 913-588-8004. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
KC Ostomy, 6724 W 109th St F, Overland Park, KS 66211. Please send us your contact info so we can send you reminders and any changes.
* Bladder Cancer Group, contact Katie Mann, email@example.com, 913-588-7576.
* Ostomy support group at LMH Health, Lawrence, KS, contact Candice Lewis, Wound/Ostomy Care Coordinator, email, 785-505-6265.
* New ostomy group at Menorah Medical Center, contact Jennifer Fender,
Colorectal Coordinator, email, 913-498-7390.
Resources & Links
- Donating your unused supplies
- Financial assistance for supplies
- Several members are trained visitors who can answer questions new ostomates might have. Email us at above contact links; replies are likely within several days.
- The United Ostomy Associations of America is the place for resources, advocacy, and support. UOAA has over 300 Affiliated Support Groups, and can help you get the answers you need as you begin your “new normal” life. Explore its website for information. You’ll find answers about nutrition and intimacy, and useful knowledge about living with an ostomy or continent diversion.
Main Page: ostomy.org Frequently Asked Questions: ostomy.org/Ostomy_FAQ.html
Discussion Board: uoaa.org/forum; “The Phoenix” magazine: phoenixuoaa.org
- J-Pouch Forum
- The Stolen Colon website. *Facebook
- Vegan Ostomy has lots of info beyond vegan!
- Meet An OstoMate. *yourostomycare.com help to find the best resources and products to fit specific ostomy needs.
- Ostomy Care Center 816-753-6446, 102 W 39th St, KC, MO 64111
- Convatec 800-422-8811
- Hollister 888-740-8999 or for general questions 847-680-1000.
hollister.com/worldostomyday has info.
- Nu-Hope 800-899-5017, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coloplast 800-533-0464. email@example.com
Note youtube.com has about 31,000 links in an ostomy search (it helps to be specific).