(A chapter of United Ostomy Associations of America, UOAA)
The KCOA is a volunteer group founded in the 1970s, dedicated to providing support to anyone who has or will have an ileostomy, colostomy, urostomy, J Pouch, or other diversion. Please attend our meetings and see what you can learn and share. Bring family members or send them if you are unable to attend. If you have a problem that your physician or ostomy nurse can’t solve, ask us!
*The next 2019 meeting is Thursday, March 21, The speaker’s topic will be “coping.” Other 2019 meetings are planned for May 16 (topic: body image/intimacy), July 18, Sept 19, Nov 21. Please send us your contact info so we can send you reminders and any changes.
*Location: Turning Point, 8900 State Line Rd, suite 240, Leawood, KS (map).
*Time: 6:30 -7:30 pm. [Parking is south of building; entry is at SE corner.]
*Contact info: email@example.com. 913-588-8004. firstname.lastname@example.org.
KC Ostomy, PO Box 7292, Overland Park, KS 66207-7292.
Bladder Cancer Support Group, contact Katie Mann, email@example.com, 913-588-7576.
New ostomy support group in Lawrence, KS.
Resources & Links
- Donating your unused supplies
- Financial assistance for supplies
- Several members are trained visitors who can answer questions new ostomates might have. Email us at above contact links; replies are likely within several days.
- The United Ostomy Associations of America is the place for resources, advocacy, and support. UOAA has over 300 Affiliated Support Groups, and can help you get the answers you need as you begin your “new normal” life. Explore its website for information. You’ll find answers about nutrition and intimacy, and useful knowledge about living with an ostomy or continent diversion.
Main Page: ostomy.org Frequently Asked Questions: ostomy.org/Ostomy_FAQ.html
Discussion Board: uoaa.org/forum; “The Phoenix” magazine: phoenixuoaa.org
- J-Pouch Forum
- The Stolen Colon website. *Facebook
- Vegan Ostomy has lots of info beyond vegan!
- Meet An OstoMate. *yourostomycare.com help to find the best resources and products to fit specific ostomy needs.
- Ostomy Care Center 816-753-6446, 102 W 39th St, KC, MO 64111
- Convatec 800-422-8811
- Hollister 888-740-8999 or for general questions 847-680-1000.
hollister.com/worldostomyday has info.
- Nu-Hope 800-899-5017, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coloplast 800-533-0464. email@example.com
Note youtube.com has about 31,000 links in an ostomy search (it helps to be specific).
Updated: Feb, 2019